Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Snowy day

Yesterday, when I got out of my house, I got surprised, because it was snowing. And today morning, I was surprised again, because It has not stopped snowing. The snow had been piled up, that I could leave my footprints on it. I was so happy and jumped for joy.

If I were in Korea, I still would feel very excited, but it wouldn't be very special or surprising for me. In Korea, it snows very often in winter. It's not that heavy as in other cold countries like Canada, but it's still a lot and enough to play with it. When the snowflakes begun to flutter in the air, I runned to the playground with my friends during the break time. We snowballed each other and made snowmans. Fascinated by the snow, sometimes we came back to classroom late and scolded by teacher.

Since I came to Beijing, I had not been enjoying these things, cuz it doesn't often snow in Beijing and even when it snows, it melts away very rapidly. Therefore, today is a very special day for me. It made me very happy and also brought back to me many memories of the days when I was in Korea.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the snow. Sometimes we all just have to stop and enjoy the moment of even the smallest things.

    Reading your block makes me nostalgic...and I remember the mornings I had to wake up early to go to my high school... such a long time ago... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. waking up early in mornings is very hard for me...=( Sometimes I have to resist the temptation from restful sleep. But I still try to be a diligent student, for my dream!!:)

    ReplyDelete